Do you struggle with the same problem repeatedly? Maybe you’ve learned how to handle your symptoms, but they’re still happening and it’s interrupting your life. Old familiar patterns keep happening despite your best efforts, and you just don’t feel well.
A traumatic event can affect your entire life.
Trauma challenges your very ability to feel safe. It steals any confidence that you can handle whatever comes next in life. Whether that is leaving home tomorrow, getting out of bed, or going to work, trauma doesn’t discriminate. No matter how smart you are, how resilient you’ve been in the past, or what challenges you’ve faced, trauma can affect your entire life.
If you’re dealing with trauma, you need expert help to heal from it.
Our expert-trained EMDR Therapists can help you heal from your trauma. We know that might sound scary, and we’ll go at your pace.
Here are some common symptoms of clients who come to therapy to get help healing from trauma. If you have three or more of the symptoms on this list, you may have unresolved trauma.
- Shock, denial, or disbelief about an event that occurred and if it was real
- Confusion about the details of what happened and/or difficulty retelling the story of the event
- Anger, irritability, mood swings for no clear reason
- Anxiety and fear: feeling unsafe, hypervigilance about your surroundings
- Guilt, shame, self-blame about/for what happened
- Withdrawing from others out of fear or feeling overwhelmed
- Feeling sad or hopeless about the future or healing from what happened
- Feeling disconnected or numb
- Insomnia or nightmares about the event
- Fatigue despite with or without disrupted sleep patterns
- Being startled easily by normal noises like a door opening/closing, people talking near you, getting a call or email from someone unexpectedly, a helicopter going overhead, a car backfiring, etc.
- Difficulty concentrating on daily tasks due to fear/worry about the event happening again
- Racing heartbeat for no clear reason
- Physical tension, aches and pains that are not easily explained
Imagine no longer being controlled by these symptoms. What would your life look like? What would you start doing that you’re not doing now? How would this change your life?
Therapy can help…
Therapy can help you address the consequences of the traumatic experience that happened to you. It can be nerve wracking to think about having to tell someone your story. Here at Anxiety Therapy SD, we use methods that don’t require you to share details of your trauma if you don’t want to. We mean it–this is at YOUR pace.
Set Up Your Free Consultation
You can totally do this. We’ll help you discover how.
For anyone wanting to address past trauma in treatment, we require an initial phone consultation to make sure we are a good fit. We are serious about making sure we only work with people we believe we can help.
Call now for your FREE 20-minute consultation.